Blissful Chocolate Tiramisu Recipe
Tiramisu is one of the most popular desserts originally from the Veneto and it literally means ” Pick me up ” or ” Carry me up “
It is said to have been created in a restaurant called ” Le Beccherie ” and eaten by the ladies who ” worked ” in the brothel above the restaurant. Imagine that!
My favorite dessert in the entire world and I like to make it every chance I get, especially because there’s no baking involved.
If you are a coffee lover, I promise that my Chocolate Tiramisu will take you to Cloud 9 and tantalize your taste buds.
Chocolate Tiramisu Recipe
(makes 5 )
- 3/4 c heavy cream+1 Tbs cane sugar
- 4 egg yolks+ 4 Tbs cane sugar
- 3/4 lb mascarpone cheese
- aprox 5 oz ladyfingers
- 4 espresso shots + 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 oz dark chocolate squares – grated
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- the seeds from 1 vanilla bean
1. Whip the cream + 1tbs sugar in your kitchen aid mixer until it forms stiff peaks and set to side.
2. In a different bowl mix the egg yolks and sugar together until creamy. Drop in the mascarpone cheese by spoonfuls and continue mixing on low speed until everything is incorporated and creamy.
3. Fold in the whipped cream and the vanilla seeds and start assembling your Tiramisu.
4. Use 5 small glasses and start by gently dipping each ladyfinger in the espresso and vanilla mixture (don’t soak the ladyfingers, just a gentle brush), and layer them on the bottom of each glass . Top with some of the creamy cheese mixture, cover with grated chocolate and repeat with one more layer of ladyfingers. Spread the rest of the cream filling on top and sift the cocoa on the top like a thin blanket.
Finish with a layer of grated dark chocolate on the top and chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours before serving.
Tip: For an alcoholic version mix the espresso with a shot of rum or whisky.