Fruity Peach and Mango Salsa Recipe
” Salsa ” the king of Spanish and Mexican cuisine, fast and easy to prepare, loaded with flavor and just perfect for a lazy Sunday.
I love lazy Sundays, sometimes that means staying in bed until noon and sometimes it means walking around the lake with my dog after a quick stop at the Coffee Bean down the street.
A lot of times it means cheesy golden quesadillas crisped up to perfection in my old cast iron pan, fresh guacamole and a huge bowl of my Peach and Mango Salsa.
Ripe juicy peaches and sweet mangoes, red chili peppers and fragrant cilantro leaves, tossed together with refreshing lime juice and a pinch of sea salt, this might just be the best fruity salsa ever.
For those of you who don’t like cilantro, feel free to leave it out or substitute with basil, also if you prefer a milder salsa you can replace the red chili with a sweet bell pepper.
Peach and Mango Salsa Recipe
(serves 6 )
- 1 ripe mango- peeled and diced
- 2 ripe large yellow peaches – peeled and diced
- 1 red chili pepper or red bell pepper – diced
- 2 green onions -sliced or 1 small diced red onion
- 1/3 c cilantro leaves – roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- the zest from 1 lime
- the juice from 2 juicy limes + more to taste
- 1 tbs raw honey -optional if you prefer things on the sweeter side
- 10 fresh chive sprigs for garnish
1. Whisk together lime juice, honey, lime zest and sea salt. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
2. Pour the dressing over the diced mango, peaches, peppers and onions and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with the cilantro or basil leaves, toss gently and serve garnished with some snipped chives next to quesadillas, red corn tortilla chips or even grilled pork chops and fish.