” Salsa ” the king of Spanish and Mexican cuisine, fast and easy to prepare, loaded with flavor and just perfect for a lazy Sunday.
I love lazy Sundays, sometimes that means staying in bed until noon and sometimes it means walking around the lake with my dog after a quick stop at the Coffee Bean down the street.
A lot of times it means cheesy golden quesadillas crisped up to perfection in my old cast iron pan, fresh guacamole and a huge bowl of my Peach and Mango Salsa.
Ripe juicy peaches and mangoes, sweet bell peppers and fragrant cilantro leaves, tossed together with some olive oil and refreshing lime juice, this might just be the best fruity salsa ever.
(For those of you who don’t like cilantro, feel free to leave it out or substitute with parsley or even some mint.)
(serves 6 )2 ripe mangoes- peeled and diced
- 2 ripe large peaches – peeled and diced
- 1 c sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper – diced
- 1 or 2 jalapenos – seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion -diced
- 1/3 c cilantro leaves – roughly chopped
- 15 basil leaves – thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes + more to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- the zest from 1 lime
- the juice from 1 juicy lime
- 1 tbs raw honey
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1. Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, honey, lime zest, sea salt, paprika and red pepper flakes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
2. Pour the dressing over the diced fruit and vegetables. Toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with the cilantro and basil leaves, toss gently and serve next to quesadillas, chips or grilled pork chops.