It’s been warm enough on this side of the country to turn on the grill and fill the backyard with that barbecue smell.
Most people go for burgers and steaks, for me it’s always been seafood. Salmon and shrimp, juicy, succulent prawns infused with garlicky flavor and wrapped in a light robe of smokiness and a fresh kiss of lemon.
After all, what is easier than to throw some shrimp on the grill ?
It might not be even close to beach time yet but it can be shrimp time any day of the year, and you can have a little taste of summer in the middle of winter.
Grilled Shrimp Recipe
- 8 large shrimp -wild caught, cleaned, deveined and tails on
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 parsley sprigs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves -crushed with the side of a kitchen knife
- 2 wooden skewer soaked in water for 20 minutes
1. Whisk all the marinade ingredients together and pour over the shrimp. Toss to coat gently and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 min.
2. Fire up the grill to 375″ F.
3. Drain excess moisture from the shrimp and thread four of them on each skewer. Set them on the grill and allow to cook on medium high flame for 2 minutes on each side or until they turn pink and curl up. Remove from the grill and drizzle with some lemon juice.
Note: Shrimp is a great source of protein low in calorie with only 3 to 10 calories per shrimp depending on it’s size.