photo credit: MihaMatei.com
It’s time for another recipe from the soup book this week. Something a little different and special, more of a treat for a special night in, something like Lobster Bisque. It might sound a little fancy and complicated but we only do easy recipes so don’t be intimidated by the name and give it a try.
If you don’t have a taste for lobster just stay tuned for a flavorful Chicken Tortilla soup next week and get ready for a meaty month in February with steaks, roasts and stews for every night of the week.
There’s still plenty of butternut squash around and definitely the season for blood oranges, my favorite citrus fruit on Planet Earth, so If you are looking for something hearty this week you must try this Blood Orange Beef Stew with Butternut Squash.
Talk about comfort food!
Easy Lobster Bisque Recipe
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 5 tbsp. All purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 large onions -diced
- 1 celery stalk -diced
- 1 carrot -diced
- 1 fennel bulb -sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 28 oz. can dice tomatoes
- 7 thyme sprigs
- The leaves from 3 thyme sprigs -chopped
- 1 1⁄2 qt. shellfish stock -warm
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 lb. lobster meat -cooked
- 3 roma tomatoes -diced
- Sea Salt to taste
1. Heat up the butter in a large heavy bottom stockpot. Add the onions and red pepper flakes and sauté with a pinch of sea salt until translucent.
2. Add the celery, carrot and fennel and cook 5 more minutes. Sprinkle with the flower, stir and cook a few minutes stirring often.
3. Add the shellfish stock and bring to a simmer. Add the canned tomatoes, bay leaf and thyme sprigs. Cover partially with a lid and cook for 20 minutes. Stir in the cream, wait for the soup to come back to a gentle simmer and stir in the lobster meat. Cook for a couple of minutes until the lobster is heated through.
4. Remove from flame, Discard the thyme sprigs and bay leaf and stir in the fresh-‐diced tomatoes minced thyme. Ladle into bowls and serve hot with some crackers.
Receive Your Complimentary Subscription!
Packed monthly with sinfully delicious recipes and inspiration along with one complimentary e-book from Florentina & Fabio Viviani!