Don’t you just love pizza night ?! it has got to be the ultimate movie night favorite food. I actually really enjoy the whole process from making the pizza dough to getting creative with the toppings but even I need a break sometime from kneading the dough, letting it rise then punching it down and you know the drill….
I mean who’s got that kind of time on a Tuesday..?!
So we need to find some delicious way to cut corners and still be able to enjoy a nice grilled pizza any day of the week without doing all the kneading and waiting and punching down of pizza dough.
One of those nights you can just heat up the grill, throw some Pillsbury Pizza Crust on it and get artistic and creative with your toppings.
Dinner doesn’t have to be stress but fun and delicious!
Use your favorite jarred pasta sauce or even a creamy pesto, spread on the grilled pizza dough, sprinkle with some cheese then a couple of your favorite things.
I saved some baby arugula I had in the fridge, tossed it gently in some olive oil and lemon juice with a sprinkle of sea salt. A few slices of prosciutto and a few dabs of creamy ricotta. Add some cherry tomatoes if you like or even toasted pine nuts.
Believe it – this is a 10 minute dinner everybody is gonna love.
Follow these simple steps to grill your pizza and look like a rockstar chef in no time!
1. Turn on the grill and get it nice and hot. Turn down the flames.
2. Following the instructions on the packaging open and unroll the pizza dough.
3. Place it on the grill and cook until golden brown grill marks form on the bottom.This is quick so make sure not to burn it.
4. Flip the dough using some tongue and cook on that side until gold.
5. Add a thin layer of sauce and cheese and close the grill until the cheese has melted, a couple of minutes. Transfer to a platter and top with the arugula, prosciutto and ricotta or whatever fun topping you can think of.
Allow it to cool for a few minutes then slice it into squares and dig in!
With summer here, Pillsbury knows you and your family want to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible. So at your next BBQ, why not grill pizza for a family fun night. Go to http://www.pillsbury.com/Cooking-Occasions/Occasions/Outdoor-Eating/How-to-Grill-Pizza
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by General Mills via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills.