Top 7 home beauty uses for extra virgin olive oil. Both my skin and my hair are thriving thanks to my organic olive oil beauty routine.
I literally go through gallons of it in my kitchen. And just a few weeks ago i fell head over heels for this blood orange infused olive oil, just as I was writing down this article on beauty uses for extra virgin olive oil. It is made by crushing together fresh organic Moro blood oranges with tree-ripened California olives – simply perfection !
Since then I’ve been using it not only on my daily salad but also as my favorite beauty product. Make up can work magic, but nothing comes close to organic beauty, and real beauty starts from the inside. For my daily use I stick to a clean extra virgin olive oil, full bodied, maybe a little fruity but still with a very pure taste like this .
Do you still wonder why you should use organic extra virgin olive oil ? Because it is absolute perfection ! Because it is unrefined, cold pressed from the first pressing of the olives. By not using heat it conserves all the nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins, something that can’t be said about any refined oil, including plain olive oil.
So, Is extra virgin olive oil good for you ? You bet it is ! Drizzle it on everything you can and treat your skin to a real spa treatment.
7 Beauty Uses For Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Eating Olive Oil. Extra Virgin Olive oil is one of the 3 foods permitted by the FDA to contain a health claim benefit on its label. Drizzle it over salads, grilled vegetable, meats and bruschetta to improve your health and have radiant skin.
2. Olive oil for Shaving. Use olive oil instead of shaving cream for an extra smooth and silky finish. However your shower could become quite slippery so be careful getting in and out.
3. Olive Oil for Dry Scalp Relief. Condition your scalp with warm blood orange olive oil & massage it in as a relief for dry scalp. Leave it on for 20 minutes then wash your hair as usual. Careful again as your shower might become slippery.
4. Olive Oil for Skincare as Make Up Remover and Face Moisturizer. Use an extra virgin olive oil like this, filled with Vitamin E and antioxidants instead of your regular makeup remover and moisturizer. Use it to hydrate and renew, smooth and heal the skin, especially acne scars . I have tried countless moisturizers, some really pricey ones too, yet the most effective one that never breaks out my skin, is still this organic olive oil.
5. Olive Oil for Cuticles.Use it as cuticle oil to help moisturize, repair and protect the cuticle against damage.
6. Soothing Oil. Apply it to rashes for soothing, like diaper rash and sun burn.
7. Olive oil treatment for hair as Anti Frizz. Apply a couple of drops of olive oil in the palm of your hand, rub gently and run your fingers through frizzy hair to tame it, add shine and condition.