This chocolate tiramisu recipe is what beautiful dreams are made of !
It is rummored to have been created in a restaurant called ” Le Beccherie “, and eaten by the ladies who ” worked ” in the brothel above the restaurant. Imagine that! How is that for a little history lesson ? Don’t believe me? Google it!
Chocolate tiramisu, my absolute favorite dessert in the entire world, and I like to make it every chance I get. Not only because of the espresso kick, but especially because there’s no baking involved. My kind of dessert for sure!
If you are a coffee lover and a chocolate lover, I promise you that my Chocolate Tiramisu recipe will take you to Cloud 9 and tantalize your taste buds.
Not to brag or anything, but this tiramisu recipe is so much better than any fancy restaurant I’ve ordered it in so far. Not fancy in any way, shape or form, but delivers like a Boss.
And if you end up loving this chocolate tiramisu as much as i do, I bet you’ll also fancy those below:
- Italian Tiramisu Cheesecake
- Berry Tiramisu Trifle
- Strawberry Tiramisu
- Limoncello Cake or lemon Tiramisu
- Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Mascarpone & Berries
- ¾ c heavy cream+1 Tbs cane sugar
- 4 egg yolks+ 4 Tbs cane sugar
- ¾ lb mascarpone cheese
- aprox 5 oz ladyfingers
- 4 espresso shots + 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 oz dark chocolate squares – grated
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- the seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- Whip the cream + 1tbs sugar in your kitchen aid mixer until it forms stiff peaks and set to side.
- In a different bowl mix the egg yolks and sugar together until creamy. Drop in the mascarpone cheese by spoonfuls and continue mixing on low speed until everything is incorporated and creamy.
- Fold in the whipped cream and the vanilla seeds and start assembling your Tiramisu.
- Use 5 small glasses and start by gently dipping each ladyfinger in the espresso and vanilla mixture (don’t soak the ladyfingers, just a gentle brush), and layer them on the bottom of each glass . Top with some of the creamy cheese mixture, cover with grated chocolate and repeat with one more layer of ladyfingers. Spread the rest of the cream filling on top and sift the cocoa on the top like a thin blanket.
- Finish with a layer of grated dark chocolate on the top and chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours before serving.
You’ll Also Love: