Chocolate Rum Tea Recipe
It is overcast and foggy this morning and inspiration struck in the form of this chocolate rum tea. If I didn’t know any better I would say winter was on it’s way. It’s a perfect day to crawl up on the couch with my lap top and a cup of coffee and write.
But since my cravings last night, of a chocolate tea infused with hints of vanilla and rum, I decided to pass on my hazelnut latte and give this tea a go.
I had just the perfect amount of chocolate left in the cupboard, and some Carnival Mate tea from Coffee Bean, a blend of cocoa, sunflower petals and almonds, with a sweet fragrance and chocolate notes, just perfect for my adventure.
So I proceeded with this unusual project, and as I’m sitting here typing away and sipping on my insanely delicious cup of Chocolate Rum Tea, I feel great, I feel like this little cup of tea will make the world a better place, at least while you drink it.
- 2 tsp black tea or 2 tea bags
- 2 c hot almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 oz – 2 oz dark chocolate
- 2 shots Rum
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbs dark brown sugar
- Pour the hot water over the tea bags/loose tea, cover tightly and allow to steep for 7 minutes ( or follow the instructions on the tea box)
- Warm up the milk over medium flame and add the brown sugar and chocolate whisking occasionally until melted and incorporated. Remove from heat and add the tea to the chocolate milk mixture, whisk in the vanilla extract and the rum. Serve hot with chocolate shavings on top if desired.