It’s been a crazy kind of month for me and between a new puppy ( Lucky Peluci -I promise to tell you all about him in my next post ) and a cold I was able to throw together a simple spread to put on my sandwich at lunch.
Lots of green olives buzzed together with a smoky roasted red bell pepper, a garlic clove and some good quality extra virgin olive oil. Just what I need to take my roast chicken or turkey sandwich from boring to Wow, that was a great sandwich !
It also works perfect as an appetizer on crostini, whole grain crackers, as a dip for a party or on a pretty tartine sprinkled with a few edible flowers.
You can make a big batch and store it in the fridge to have on hand for your sandwiches or unexpected guests. Give this one a try and let me know how you pigged out on it just like me- Ha!
- 2 c green/black olives
- 1 large red bell pepper -roasted
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove -grated
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper + more to taste
- sea salt to taste
- 1 red chile pepper -optional if you like things spicy
- Add all of the above ingredients to a food processor and chop coarsely. Adjust seasonings and serve on sandwiches, meats, as a dip or appetizer.