This peach and mango salsa is the bomb ! ” Salsa ” the king of Spanish and Mexican cuisine, fast and easy to prepare, loaded with flavor and just perfect for a lazy Sunday.
I love lazy Sundays, sometimes that means staying in bed until noon and sometimes it means walking around the lake with Peluci after a quick stop at the coffee shop down the street. A lot of times it means cheesy golden quesadillas crisped up to perfection in my old cast iron pan, fresh home made guacamole and a huge bowl of my Peach and Mango Salsa.
Ripe fragrant juicy peaches and sweet mangoes, red chili peppers and green cilantro leaves, all tossed together with refreshing lime juice and just a pinch of sea salt. This might just be the best fruity peach and mango salsa ever.
For those of you who don’t like cilantro, feel free to leave it out or substitute with basil, it really goes well here. Also if you prefer a milder salsa you can replace the red chili with a sweet bell pepper. As I always say, look at the recipe as a guide but trust your own taste buds and adjust ingredients to your liking.
Spicy or not, this peach and mango salsa is a real tasty and healthy treat !
- 1 ripe mango- peeled and diced
- 2 ripe large yellow peaches – peeled and diced
- 1 red chili pepper or red bell pepper – diced
- 2 green onions -sliced or 1 small diced red onion
- ⅓ c cilantro leaves – roughly chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt + more to taste
- the zest from 1 lime
- the juice from 2 juicy limes + more to taste
- 1 tbs raw honey -optional if you prefer things on the sweeter side
- 10 fresh chive sprigs for garnish
- Dice the mangos, peaches, peppers and onions into small pieces.
- Whisk together the lime juice, honey, lime zest and sea salt. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Pour the dressing over the diced fruit and onions and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with the cilantro or basil leaves and serve garnished with some snipped chives next to quesadillas, red corn tortilla chips or seafood .
8 ways to make salsa