I hope you are all enjoying what’s left of summer and have a super duper Labor Day Weekend! I just want to say a big thank you for reading this blog every day and for giving me this great opportunity to do what I love. I also hope you enjoyed this summer’s recipes from our new food contributors and that you find inspiration in what we do around here.
For this weekend I wanted to leave you with a simple but delicious idea for a chilled tuna appetizer to have on hand for all your guests. A tuna appetizer you can prepare the night before and assemble just before your guests arrive. Just so perfect !
I also made a list with my Top Labor Day Recipes that I hope to inspire you and give you ideas for your get together. If you have any favorite Labor Day recipes please leave us the link in the comment section so we can all check them out.
Labor Day Tuna Appetizers
- 1 can tuna in water, drained
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green or yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ⅓ c fresh dill , roughly chopped
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- mayo -just enough to hold it together
- 1 celery stalk with leaves -diced
- multi-grain crackers
- Mix all of the above ingredients except the crackers and chill overnight.
- Spoon a small amount of the tuna mixture on top of each cracker just before serving. Garnish with fresh dill.
Labor Day Recipe List
- You should try this rustic Potato Salad as a side dish for anything, or this insanely cool Purple Potato Salad.
- Make sure you have this Dip ready and sitting on the counter before your guests arrive.
- Remember a fresh bag of chips to serve with this out of this world Peach and Mango Salsa .
- Strawberries are all around you and it would be a shame not to have this Strawberry Salad on your table.
- For a refreshing and light dessert on a hot summer day I can not think of anything better than This.
- This recipe is guaranteed to never fail and satisfy everyone’s hunger.
- Lastly keep everyone refreshed with this summery Blueberry Puree Limeade .