Super cool facts about garlic …
How sad would life be without garlic ?! I mean can you really imagine living in a world without garlic ? Nada, all of it extinct ?
No more garlic bread, no more shrimp scampi… How scary, for me anyway it would be a very sad, boring existence, I can not even fathom never ever having any garlic bruschetta ever again, just a really crazy thought.
I could basically live on bruschetta alone, so garlic is a survival tool for sure. And also all the other stuff we use garlic for, I mean how could someone even cook much without garlic ..?
Would all Italian restaurants just go out of business ? I imagine so, and what a sad thing that would be.
I am a garlic lover, give me garlic anything and i’m a happy camper. Garlic is super cool and awesome in so many ways, and so incredibly good and healthy. Just check out those cool facts about garlic we have discovered over the years here on Planet Earth. Pretty awesome stuff !
7 Cool Facts About Garlic
1. Garlic used to be called Russian penicillin & given to soldiers in WW2 as medicine.
2. Garlic is one of the healthiest foods on earth with many health properties: anti blood coagulation, antioxidant, antiviral, antimicrobial, lowers cholesterol, anticancer properties and really helps fight the common cold.
3. Crushing or mincing garlic releases it’s full potential.
4. Garlic was one of the first herbs to be cultivated. Who knew ?
5. There are white, pink and violet varieties of garlic. Pure beauty !
6. Never ever burn garlic when cooking with it, or it will turn bitter, so keep an eye on it.
7. Garlic cloves cooked whole will have a nutty and mellow taste while minced or sliced garlic will have a more pungent taste even when cooked.