A flavorful shrimp tacos recipe of grilled wild shrimp, drizzled with fragrant oregano Argentinian chimichurri sauce !
I made us the ultimate Argentinian Shrimp Tacos Recipe today, because: “Never underestimate how much assistance, how much satisfaction, how much comfort, how much soul and transcendence there might be in a well-made taco and a cold bottle of beer.” – Tom Robbins
Last week you could have found me with my face in a box of caramel chocolates from the BatMan, and then there were these Argentinian Shrimp Tacos; one of the most loved recipes at the shack. They sure do make “Taco Night “ worth looking forward to. Everything can be prepared in advanced, just wait till the last-minute to throw the shrimp or camarones on the grill.
The Argentinian Chimichurri sauce calls for fresh oregano, it’s what makes this chimichurri a little bit different from the rest, it makes it Argentinian. However, If you can’t find fresh oregano, the dry oregano variety will do okay, keep adjusting seasonings to your taste. And then go plant some fresh oregano somewhere to have it handy for exquisite shrimp tacos recipes such at this. You’ll thank me later kids 😉
I used some of the lime black rice in here because again, we love it, its nutty and healthy and cool looking. Also gluten free and adds great nutritional value to your shrimp tacos recipe, but lentils or quinoa would be a great substitute you might have on hand and decide to experiment with.
You all know I’m a sucker for pretty edible flowers, as usually they are optional, play around and garnish your Argentinian shrimp tacos recipe with what you have on hand: micro greens or lots of fresh cilantro leaves. Make it your own, dress it up like it’s going someplace special, like your belly, because pretty shrimp tacos taste better than just plain tacos, true story teeheehee
Not fond of the idea of oregano chimichurri ? I couldn’t possibly comprehend why, but just for you I have these Mexican shrimp tacos with salsa fresca to knock your socks off. Because i love you, that’s why 😉
So tell me: Are you gonna give my Argentinian shrimp tacos recipe a fair shot ? What are your favorite tacos combinations ? Tell me in the comments bellow ! xo’s~ Florentina
- 1 lb wild shrimp peeled & cleaned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp oregano dry
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes + more to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt + more or less to taste
- 2 c black lime rice cooked
- 1 red chile pepper sliced
- 3 limes or lemons sliced
- 8 corn tortillas charred to your liking
- leaves parsley for garnish
- edible flowers for garnish optional
- 1 small bunch Italian parsley
- 5 tbsp oregano leaves fresh
- 4 -5 cloves large garlic grated
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil + more as needed
- 1/2 red chile pepper less or more to your taste
- sea salt to taste
- To make the Argentinian Chimichurri sauce: In the bowl of a food processor, add the parsley, oregano, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and red chile pepper. Process until smooth to your liking. Season with the sea salt and balance the consistency of the chimichurri sauce with more lemon and olive oil as desired.
- Make the lime black rice in advance and refrigerate until needed.
- In a large bowl toss together the shrimp with the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano and red pepper flakes. Season well to your taste with the sea salt.
- Preheat a cast iron griddle on medium high flame, and grill the shrimp for about a minute on each side until it curls up and turns pink; making sure not to overcook it.
- Meanwhile make the Argentinian chimichurri sauce: add the parsley, oregano, chile pepper, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic to the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth to your liking. Season to taste with the sea salt and more lemon juice.
- Char the corn tortillas on a low open flame to your liking and assayable your tacos: tortilla, black rice, grilled shrimp, chimichurri sauce, a good squeeze of lime juice. Garnish with red chile slices and edible flowers. Serve with extra chimichurri sauce and lime wedges on the side.
You’ll Also Love: