How to make the best avocado tuna salad, without mayo, just wild caught yellow fin tuna, creamy ripe avocados, zesty lime and your favorite herbs.
Healthy, tasty, a little spicy and ready in 5 minutes, brunch and garden parties can be handled without any notice. Ask someone to bring some pita bread, a bag of chips or your favorite wraps, and you are all set to party. Or serve it paleo style and gluten free inside lettuce wraps!
You could of course also serve it inside avocado skins as well if you prefer.
Seriously kids, this is as simple as mixing up a few yummy ingredients in a bowl and kicking your feet up for a while.
Just remember to taste as you you, I calculate 1 large avocado for each can of tuna, then hit it with lots of fresh lime or lemon juice.
Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe
- 10 oz canned wild caught tuna
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 tbsp red onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chives -snipped
- 1/2 red chili pepper or to taste -diced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, dill or basil
- 1/2 lime -juiced + more to taste
- 1 pinch sea salt or to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 5 violas or your favorite edible flowers for garnish
- 1 scallion -chopped
- If using tuna packed in water make sure to drain it first. Otherwise just use it as is with the olive oil.
- Sliced the avocados in half and discard the seeds. Scoop the flesh out and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the tuna, red onion, scallion, chili pepper, olive oil and lime juice. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and gently mix to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with more lime, salt and pepper if desired.
- Sprinkle with the chives and your favorite herbs and serve promptly with cracker or in a sandwich. Garnish with edible flowers.