The best most tender grilled chicken recipe, ready in minutes in your cast iron grill pan.
There are a couple of things that make this the best grilled chicken recipe on Planet Earth:
- Organic free range chicken is a wonderful source of protein, potassium and the cancer fighting mineral selenium, so it gets an A+ on my healthy protein scale.
- Once you spice this chicken up with my home-made smoky spice mix rub, I am very confident you will always keep some on hand in your spice rack.
About once a week I season a pound or two of chicken tenderloin to grill up in two separate batches. Lately I’ve just been buying the organic chicken tenderloin because they are the same price as the chicken breast, except I do not need to do any slicing or pounding. Winner! I simply coat them in some olive oil and toss them well in the spice mix.
It takes a total of 3 to 4 minutes to cook it on a cast iron griddle.
It is also the most tender and lean part of the chicken, I like to call it the fillet mignon of chickens, how could that not make the best grilled chicken ?!
I am not even exaggerating when I call this the best grilled chicken recipe you will make!
- It is extremely tender, delicious, easy and super fast to make.
- If you are on a Paleo diet, this is just fantastic to store in the refrigerator and snack on it throughout the day, or slice it up cold and pile it on top of a green salad.
- Use it diced up in chicken tacos and drizzled with the best chimichurri sauce.
- Or make the best grilled chicken sandwich you ever ate: toasted multi grain bread, avocado, creamy brie cheese topped with a slice of heirloom tomato and some peppery arugula.
The other day I used it to make a healthy version of this chicken parmigiana: spoon some tomato sauce over it and grate a bunch of parmigiano-regggianno over the top the moment it comes off the grill.
Or simply slice it up over a healthy quinoa salad or even throw it on top of some pizza.
There really are are countless places you can take this chicken, and there’s no wonder why it earned the title of Best Grilled Chicken recipe at the shack.
Plus did I mention how fast it cooks ? Faster than a fast food place on any day, let’s make this kids!
- 1 lb chicken tenderloin organic
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil organic
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked pepper medley
In a large bowl drizzle the chicken with some of the olive oil and make sure to coat it nicely.
Sprinkle the spice mix generously all over the chicken tenders.
Using your hands make sure to rub it all over. Allow it to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes to take off the chill. That will assure your chicken won't stick to the pan and it will cook through quickly.
Meanwhile heat up a cast iron grill pan over medium high flame.
Add the chicken tenderloin and grill 1-2 minutes per side until nice golden brown grill marks form and the chicken is cooked through.
Transfer to a plate and squeeze some lemon juice over the top if desired.
Serve drizzled with the best chimichurri sauce on top.
You’ll Also Love: