Easy and so simple, this black lime rice recipe is a real keeper for a healthy and delicious lifestyle !
This black lime rice recipe was one of my first experiments with black rice. Believe it or not, up until not too long ago, i did not know much about black rice, also known as forbidden rice. But once i learned about its amazing nutritional value though, I started to look for ways to incorporate in my daily diet.
This baby is filled with vitamins and amino acids not to mention how aromatic and packed with nutty flavor it really is. Also a good source of protein and antioxidants important to good health.
Otherwise a classic lime rice recipe , by using the black rice grains here, it absolutely changes not just the nutritional value but also the texture and taste. Hearty and nutty, extremely filling, this is a perfect vegetarian or vegan meal as well.
A super simple recipe to execute, that’s great even as a cold salad straight out of the refrigerator, or topped with this perfect grilled chicken.
Since this black lime rice recipe has been a total success around the shack, I’ve been pretty much replacing the white rice grains with the black in most recipes I make nowadays. I hope you’ll give it a go, I suspect you will be very pleasantly surprised.( you can order it organic from amazon now )
Note worthy: make sure to let the rice sit tightly covered and continue to cook in its own steam after removing it from heat. This will help the grains absorb any extra liquid that hasn’t been absorbed during cooking. Then you can dress it with the olive oil and lime juice.
Black Rice with Lime
- 2 c blackrice organic
- 3 1/2 c water or vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil organic
- 1/3 c cilantro leaves
- juice from 2 juicy lime
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Combine the water with the black rice. Add a good pinch of sea salt and 1 bay leaf.
- Bring to a simmer over high flame, cover with a tight lid and reduce to a low flame. Simmer for 30 minutes then allow to sit covered for 5-10 minutes.
- Discard the bay lead and add the olive oil. Fluff with a fork. Stir in the lime juice and adjust seasonings to your taste. Garnish with the fresh cilantro and lime wedges and enjoy!
You’ll Also Love: