This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The a2 Milk Company™. All opinions are 100% mine.
Thought you might be in the mood for a rich chia chocolate pudding, so i popped in to deliver ! I had to take advantage of the last of the moro blood oranges at the market, and what better way than to pair them with chocolate right ? We love orange and chocolate together, they are simply meant to be.
I’ll tell you from the start: the best part about this chia chocolate pudding is the fact that you can have it for breakfast, guilt free ! I mean, you have a bunch of good for you protein packed chia seeds soaked in creamy chocolate a2 Milk® and sweetened with agave syrup.
I went intense with the dark chocolate here. If you want more of a milk chocolate finish just reduce the chocolate amount to begin with. Because I just can’t get over the orange and chocolate combination, I used a chocolate bar that already had orange zest in the mix. Plus I added some more to bring the entire chocolate chia pudding together. You can just use a plain dark chocolate bar and control the orange zest addition in the recipe to your liking.
I also mixed the moro blood oranges with some of my navel oranges from the garden. Just thought they look good together and bring different flavors to the final chia chocolate pudding bowl.
Basil is a natural garnish here, but also chocolate mint leaves are a nice compliment if you have them handy. I have a container of it in the garden and it comes back every year, so why not use it ? It really does have a chocolaty taste, pretty awesome mint variety.
What i love about this chia chocolate pudding is how creamy it really is, thanks to using the a2 Milk® as a base. Even with the 1% low fat milk it still has the richness and creaminess of a decadent pudding.
Why I love making this Chia Chocolate Pudding with a2 Milk® :
- a2 Milk® is milk the way nature intended. Those who have ‘self diagnosed’ with lactose intolerance issues may enjoy this Chia Chocolate Pudding without any symptoms.
- a2 Milk® contains approx. 6x the amount of calcium as soy beverages, approx. 8x the protein of almond beverages and approx. 6x the potassium levels of rice beverages.This makes me feel really good about having two serving son Chia Chocolate Pudding today !
- a2 Milk® is the natural replacement to chemically processed alternatives – such as Lactaid, Almond Milk or Soy Milk.
- 4 c a2 Milk®
- 4 oz dark chocolate bar with orange zest 1 oz dark chocolate roughly chopped Zest from 1 Orange
- 10 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp agave or to taste
- 2 blood oranges peeled and sliced
- 1 l sprig basi or chocolate mint for garnish
In a medium sauce pan heat up the a2 Milk® over low flame. Add 4 oz of dark chocolate an whisk together until the chocolate has melted. Remove from flame and set aside.
Add the orange zest, vanilla extract and agave to the chocolate milk. Taste and adjust sweetness with more agave if desired.
Whisk in the chia seeds until incorporated and refrigerate until set, a few hours or overnight.
Divide the chia pudding between 4 bowls and top with the orange slices. Sprinkle with the chopped dark chocolate and garnish with the fresh basil and some orange zest.
You’ll Also Love: