Chicken Avocado Toast Recipe
The avocado toast is not 2000 and late, not this chicken avocado toast anyway. Believe me when I say this: the chicken avocado toast is here to stay kids. Are you a breakfast eater or a breakfast skipper ? Do you find yourself reaching for the cereal box against your will in the mornings ? Or do you have a little plan going on in your brain as you drift away into sleep the night before dreaming of perfectly crisp and creamy cast iron eggs ..? I do that a lot. But sometimes I need a change, and out of the blue it occurred to me that hello: I am allowed to use our leftovers into a really nice breakfast for self. Lightbulb! I know haha. I mean chicken avocado anything is bound to be delicious.
So here’s what happened: organic avocados were a steal at the market, and I had some leftover roast chicken from the night before, and I always have scallions and herbs and pepitas around, so a chicken avocado toast recipe was in the cards. Then of course I wondered out loud: Why don’t I make this more often ? No really: Why don’t I make this more often ?!
I can have everything done, chopped and sliced the night before, all I need to do for breakfast is toast some good 1 million grain and seeds bread, and top it with the avocados and all the goodies from the night before. Jeez, let’s do this kids, I know it’s avocado toast but I feel we all need a nudge to make this and get a great start with our day. Plus gotta keep the avocado toast thing going, because this is one amazing habit worth holding onto. It could be your lunch, or dinner, or midnight snack, whatever time of the day works best for you, this kind of food is what I call: Respect Your Self Kind of Food !
Today is chicken avocado but tomorrow could be fajita avocado toast, don’t even get me started on all the possibilities !
Chicken Avocado Toast RecipePrint Recipe
- 4 slices whole grain/ multi seeds bread
- 1 1/4 c roasted chicken shredded
- 2 large avocados diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green chile pepper diced
- juice from 1/2 lime + more to taste
- sea salt to taste
- 3 scallions sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh dill roughy chopped
- 1/4 c cilantro leaves
- 3 tbsp pepitas
- 4 edible flowers for garnish optional
- In a small bowl combine the avocado, olive oil, chile pepper, half of the sliced scallions and lime juice. Season to taste with the sea salt and black pepper.
- Toast the bread to your liking and top with the avocado. Divide the roasted chicken between the 4 slices of toast and top with the remaining scallions, the dill, cilantro and pepitas. Garnish with edible flowers if available.
P.S. this Breakfast Avocado Toast <— Timeless !