How about this coconut milk chia pudding ? Weather you are thinking of breakfast or dessert, or maybe you have in mind dessert for breakfast, chia is here to give you the nutrition you need without compromising on taste.
Since the day I learned they are loaded with Omega-3 fats more than even salmon, I could not help myself but add them to everything I could think of. From my mint infused water to pilafs and risottos, chia for everyone!
I am also a huge fan of coconut milk so it was only natural I would combine the two in this refreshing Coconut Milk Chia Pudding with blueberries and mint. You may substitute with almond milk if preferred, however I did notice it takes longer for the pudding to settle.
Chia seeds usually absorb 10 times their weight in liquid so just a little bit will take you a long way. You can also grind the chia seeds in a spice grinder If you like. Personally i love the texture and the look after they plump up in coconut milk and even water.
This coconut milk chia pudding, is without a doubt our favorite refreshing summer breakfast and dessert without any quilt attached.
- 2 c coconut milk -organic
- 5 t -6 bsp chia seeds -organic
- 2 tbsp maple syrup + more to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c fresh blueberries
- 8 leaves mint for garnish
- In a large measuring cup whisk together the coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Pour into two glasses and chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or overnight. Once the pudding has settled serve it chilled topped with the fresh blueberries, a drizzle of maple syrup and garnished with the mint leaves. If available sprinkle a few flakes of shredded coconut on top.
P.S. What is Chia ?