Crispy creamy goat cheese panini with delicate fresh herbs.
After a long weekend grilling outdoors you might feel like you just want to kick back and relax, doing nothing, maybe have some crispy Goat Cheese Panini ! You might not have any leftovers and who really wants to order take out, right ?!
If you are anything like me you probably have some kind of bread and cheese tucked away in a drawer in the refrigerator. Just the secret ingredients for some fabulous gooey Panini to comfort your weeknight cravings.
I am particularly fond of these goat cheese Panini with herbs; and I find myself making them whenever I have a mix of lovely herbs lying around, particularly fresh dill and chives. There’s a magic chemistry between goat cheese, dill and chives, can’t really put my finger on it but it’s definitely there.
You may use whatever herbs tickle your fancy: basil, thyme and even lemon balm would work nicely with the goat cheese filling.
- 2 slices bread 21 grain or sourdough
- 1 tbsp butter softened organic
- 2 tbsp goat cheese organic
- 3 tbsp mozzarella cheese grated organic
- A drizzle of honey raw organic
- 3 tbsp mixed herbs: dill chives, thyme, basil
- The zest from 1 organic lemon
- Preheat a cast iron grill pan on medium flame. In a small bowl combine the goat cheese, mozzarella, honey and lemon zest.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread. Scoop half of the goat cheese mix and spread on the inside of a slice of bread. Sprinkle with the mixed herbs and top with the remaining cheese. Top with the other slice of bread and grill on medium low flame until a nice golden brown crust forms on the outside and the cheese starts melting. About 2-3 minutes per side.
- Allow the panino to sit for a couple of minutes for the cheese to set a little before cutting it in half.