Lemon Garlic Chicken Breast Tenders Recipe , the most tender garlicky chicken breast tenders of your existence. It’s true kids!
I’ve got some lemon garlic chicken breast tenders grilling away for you. Let me just tell you that the shack smells like garlic heaven and you’ll never want to leave. garlic is everything ! Remember the garlic scallops ..? Yeah, me too!
Initially I made some mushroom soup, which turned out amazing, but, a big but, the temperature in SoCal this week will make you pour a pitcher of this blueberry puree limeade on top of your head. So I grilled these lemon garlic chicken breast tenders for the BatMan early in the morning before it got too hot.
Yes you can use chicken breast if you want, but you know I have a thing for the breast tenders. They are the same price, only the tenders are more tender, kind of self-explanatory I guess, and on top of that they cook way faster than the chicken breast.
So clearly this one is for the major garlic lovers. I made a quick marinade of olive oil, honey and lemon that I let the tenders sit in while they come to room temperature. Then i make a lemon garlic pan sauce that will have you licking your fingers clean no matter who is watching. Just look at those grill marks ! Drooling yet..? 😉
To get the perfect lemon garlic chicken breast sauce you need to make the sauce separate, and take good care that you do not burn the garlic. If you were to add fresh garlic to the marinade, it would most likely burn when you grill it and give the entire dish a pungent overpowering taste.
By making a quick pan sauce to pour over the lemon garlic chicken breast tenders as soon as they are done cooking, you’ll have the perfect balance of flavors and also a smooth sauce that is very garlicky and lemony but not pungent.
Alright kids, lets heat up a cast iron griddle or grill pan and cook up those delicious lemon garlic chicken breast tenders. Don’t tell anyone, but I licked one teeheehee
- 1 lb chicken tenderloin
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 1 tsp sea salt or to your taste
- 1 tsp paprika sweet
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 sprigs parsley roughly chopped
- 5 slices Lemon for garnish
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 1 lemon juiced
- sea salt to taste
- In a medium bowl whisk together the honey, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the juice from 1/2 lemon, sea salt, garlic powder and paprika. Add the chicken breast tenders and make sure to coat them all over. Allow them to rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Heat up a cast iron grill pan on medium low flame and grill the chicken for a couple of minutes on each side until nice grill marks form and the chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm. Keep a close eye on them as chicken tenders cook quickly.
- Meanwhile make the lemon garlic sauce. Heat up a small sauce pan on low flame. Add a lug of olive oil and the grated garlic. Stir well and allow the garlic to cook for just a minute until you can smell it release its aroma and barely start to get a faint golden color. Squeeze the juice from 1 lemon and stir well. Simmer for about a minute or so and remove from heat. Season to taste with sea salt.
- Pour the lemon garlic sauce over the grilled chicken breast and garnish with the parsley and lemon slices . Serve hot with a nice potato salad.