This lemon thyme salad dressing happened because summer and salads go together like the ocean and the beach. It’s hot and sunny and we are a little bit more self-conscious about our bodies. So for the most part we try to eat healthier during the summer months. I plant a few herbs in the garden in the spring, so right about now they are at their peak.
Of course I must to have fresh Basil, Chives, Parsley and lots of Lemon thyme or Thymus Citriodorus in fancy terms ha! I add them to salads of course and marinades, and pretty much everything I make has some kind of herbs in the mixture.
I was picking some lemon thyme early this morning while it was still breezy, as I find myself going back to a simple salad dressing most of the summer days. Not sure if it’s the flavor combinations, the way it just caresses most greens or simply refreshing. The Lemon Thyme Salad Dressing has got to be number 1 around the shack.
Try it on your favorite greens salad or grilled vegetables, you will never again settle for something that comes out of a bottle.
I like to spice things up a little with some red chili flakes or even freshly sliced chili, but if you are not a fan of hot stuff just leave it out.
There are many thyme varieties for cooking , and you can use whatever thyme sprigs you have on hand. Once it mingles with that fresh lemon, this lemon thyme salad dressing will become lemony regardless.
Lemon Thyme Salad Dressing Recipe
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- the juice from 1 organic lemon
- the zest from 1 organic lemon
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes or 1/2 sliced red chili pepper
- 6 leaves lemon thyme sprigs - only
- 3/4 tsp sea salt + more to your taste
- In a small jar with a tight lid add all of the above ingredients and shake until combined. Serve over your favorite salad, grilled veggies or even meat.