It’s officially summer and super hot- Caliente!! We need to stay hydrated and healthy and feed our body the nutrients and vitamins in craves. No better way than by adding as many salads to your diet as you can think of.
Here is one of our favorite summer salad recipes, fresh dark baby greens, some mangoes and blueberries for your brain cells then for the lean protein one of the healthiest foods on planet Earth: Wild Caught Shrimp!
Balance it with some freshly squeezed lemon juice in the dressing and you have yourself a quick, healthy and nutritious summer dinner!
Mango Shrimp Salad Recipe
( Serves 2)
- 3 c baby greens with herbs mix
- 1/2 red bell pepper -thinly sliced
- 1 c blueberries
- 1 mango – sliced
- 10 large shrimp – wild caught
- 1 tbsp Chives-snipped
- Paprika to taste
- Sea Salt to taste
- Lemon pepper to taste
- 1/4 c Olive oil
- Lemon juice to taste
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Honey
1. Drizzle the shrimp with a little olive oil and season generously with lemon pepper, sea salt and a pinch of paprika. Grill in a hot cast iron skillet until it turns pink & curls up. About 1 minute each side.
2. Meanwhile whisk the olive oil, honey, lemon juice and pepper flakes together. adjust seasonings with sea salt and black pepper then gently toss all of the salad ingredients together with the dressing. Serve with the grilled shrimp on top and lemon wedges .