Super Bowl or not, Sunday mornings are made for comfy striped pajamas and fluffy mushroom frittata .I can’t really go too deep into explaining why the jammies need to be striped, just trust me on this one; but I can explain about the mushroom frittata !
As you probably know, frittata is a dish of leftovers, meant to feed a crowd; but just because it is made up of leftovers it doesn’t mean it’s allowed to be a mediocre meal. Au contraire kids, a frittata is supposed to be like a fluffy cloud made of custard and filled with tiny pockets of delicious surprises. In this case sautéed mushrooms in white wine and lots of gooey smoked mozzarella cheese. Tough I must admit, If you are a carnivore, it is pretty heavenly with slices of potatoes and crispy bacon bits or spicy sausage slices. Yum !
Personally I’m still driving in the vegetarian lane myself. But getting high off of the intoxicating aromas from the best garlic roasted chicken I have going for the BatMan in the carnivore lane, sigh… But the good news is, this mushroom frittata with smoked mozzarella is going to make anyone forget about their chicken dreams, it’s that good.
Two things worth noting here If you like a fluffy mushroom frittata:
Numero Uno: Make sure your oven is nicely hot and ready for the frittata.
Numero Due: Don’t mess with the mushroom frittata, don’t stir the frittata, don’t fluff the frittata, let the frittata be and fluff itself !
Now make sure you have your striped jammies ready, and leave the eggs on the kitchen counter to rest before you go to sleep on Saturday night. Don’t fight me on this one, just do it and you will have a magical Super Bowl Sunday in your striped jammies while eating your fluffy as a could mushroom frittata brunch.
Mushroom Frittata Recipe + $300 Mauviel Giveaway
- 12 eggs organic at room temperature
- 1/2 c heavy cream organic
- 1/4 c parmigiano reggianno
- 1/2 c smoked mozzarella shredded
- 12 oz sauteed mushrooms in white wine
- 1/4 c flat leaf italian parsley chopped
- 10 sprigs chives roughly chopped
- 1/4 c micro greens for garnish
- Shaved parmigiano reggianno for garnish
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- If you haven’t prepped your mushrooms the night before, start by following these instructions for Sautéed Mushrooms in White Wine.
- Preheat your oven to 350”F. Heat up a 10 or 12 inch cast iron skillet(oven proof) on medium flame with a lug of olive oil, just enough to coat the pan all over including the sides.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the eggs, parmigiana reggianno and heavy cream with a pinch of sea salt. Pour them into the cast iron skillet. Do not touch the eggs, do not stir, allow them to start cooking and set on the bottom of the pan for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle in the sautéed mushrooms, smoked mozzarella cheese and the parsley. Allow everything to cook on medium low flame for 5 minutes until you notice the sides have started to set. Transfer the frittata to the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and serve hot sprinkled with the fresh chives, micro greens and shavings of parmigiano reggianno on top.
This is a $300 Value – Mauviel M’Cook 1830 Roasting Pan Giveaway
Winner will be randomly chosen and announced here on February 28th 2015
Disclosure:This Giveaway is Sponsored by Yours Truly, Florentina ! Because I Love You ! 🙂