FAQ: Can you freeze a no bake cheesecake ?
No Bake Mascarpone Cheesecake Recipe
- 12 oz heavy whipping cream -chilled
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 10 oz Italian Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 lb blueberries
- 1 lime -juiced
- 4 tbsp honey + more to taste
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 limes thinly sliced into half rounds
- 1 rose for garnish
- 1 tbsp lemon balm leaves for garnish -optional
Graham Cracker Crust
- 9 Graham crackers
- 4 tbsp brown sugar -organic
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 tbsp butter -melted & salted
Make the no bake graham cracker crust:
- Add the crackers, brown sugar, vanilla extract and melted butter to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times until crumbled and everything is mixed together.Butter the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan then add the cracker mix. Spread it evenly over the bottom and use the bottom of a glass to press it in tightly until compacted. At this point you can refrigerate it until needed or bake it at 325” for about 10 minutes for a crispier crust.
Quick Blueberry Sauce
- Add the blueberries, honey and lime juice to a small sauce pan. Cover with a lid and cook on low flame until the blueberries burst, about 5 minutes. Taste and add more honey at this point if desired. Cool and refrigerate until needed.
Make the Cake
- Use a hand held mixer or your kitchen aid with the whisk attachment and whip the heavy cream with 1 tablespoon of sugar until fluffy and on the stiff side. Cover and refrigerate.
- Use the same whisk attachment and whip up the mascarpone cheese in a large bowl until smooth and creamy, a few minutes. Using a slotted spoon start adding the blueberries to the whipped mascarpone leaving as much of the juices behind as possible. Mix only until combined.
- Add the whipped cream on top and using a spatula fold it into the cheese and berry filling. Take good care not to over mix this so the cake stays fluffy and creamy.
- Place the spring form pan with the graham cracker crust on a serving plate then pour in the mascarpone cheese mixture inside. Spread it evenly and garnish with the fresh blackberries.
- At this point you can pop it in the freezer for about 30 minutes to quickly set it, or refrigerate for a couple of hours or until set to your liking.
- Before serving remove the spring form side and garnish with the lime slices all around the cake.
- Garnish with a rose, lemon balm, or any edible flowers you like on top and enjoy!