A fragrant summery basil salad, topped with perfectly ripe peaches and dressed in a fruity blackberry vinaigrette fit for kings and queens!
I had a hard time coming up with the right name for this basil salad, as of course, it is as much about those perfectly ripe peaches, as it is about the basil. But also just as much about this insane blackberry vinaigrette, so I hope you understand my peach basil salad dilemma.
Hence the fabulous too long to remember title of Peach Basil Salad Recipe with Blackberry Vinaigrette.
But you know what ? At least this basil salad title is very self-explanatory, right?
So where my basil lovers at ? This one is for you, and all the peach and blackberry lovers unite!
How about the goat’s brie cheese lovers ? My newest obsession, oh man that stuff is heaven!
I sometimes wish I had two little goats, but i don’t know how my Peluci and my Tesla would deal with that addition to the family…Hmm..
For now I’ll just be happy with lots of goat’s brie cheese around.
I like to think of this basil salad as my summer version of the basil pear salad I make at the beginning of fall.You know, when the most fragrant pears start hitting the market and the last of summer’s basil is begging to be used.
But for a couple of months, it is all about fragrant juicy yellow peaches around the shack. I’m pretty sure I could survive on those for at least a month and never complain.
Now that blackberry vinaigrette! Forget about it! I mean just think of wild honey, freshly squeezed lemon juice and fresh blackberries buzzed together with some of your finest extra virgin olive oil. Absolutely sick! And i’m not sure that is even a phrase one should use when referring to food, but you catch my drift ..
I guess what i’m trying to say is, that I’m a little bit crazy about this basil salad at the present moment.
- 1 bunch genoese basil
- 4 sprigs purple basil optional
- 2 yellow peaches
- 1 c blackberries
- 8 slices goats Brie cheese
- 1/4 c extra Virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon+ more to taste
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 blackberries
- Pinch of sea salt
- In the bowl of a food processor add the blackberries, honey, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with a pinch of sea salt and puree until smooth to your liking. Taste and adjust seasonings until your taste buds are dancing.
- Tear the leaves from the basil sprigs and arrange them in a serving bowl.
- Slice the peaches and place them on top of the basil leaves. Sprinkle with the blackberries and finish with the brie cheese.
- Drizzle generously with the blackberry vinaigrette just before serving.
You’ll Also love: