A summery peach salad on a bed of sweet basil leaves tossed in a citrusy blackberry vinaigrette with creamy goat cheese brie.
Whatever your reasons, so long as you are enjoying this lovely summer salad as often as you can while the peaches last.
Since blackberries are also having a moment I figured I’ll throw them into a quick vinaigrette with lemon, honey and vanilla. A match made in heaven if I say so myself. I bet a raspberry vinaigrette would be pretty lovely too.
A fragrant summery peach salad on a bed of sweet basil leaves tossed in a citrusy blackberry vinaigrette with creamy goat cheese brie.
- 1 bunch sweet Genoese basil
- 4 sprigs purple basil -leaves only (optional)
- 2 yellow peaches
- 1 c blackberries - (or raspberries )
- 8 slices goat cheese Brie
- 1/4 c extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon -juiced + more to taste
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 blackberries
- 1/2 tsp vanila extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
In the bowl of a food processor add the blackberries, honey, lemon juice, vanilla and olive oil. Season with a pinch of sea salt and puree until smooth to your liking. Taste and adjust seasonings until your taste buds are dancing with joy!
- Tear the leaves from the basil sprigs and arrange them in a serving bowl.
Slice the peaches and place them on top of the basil leaves. Sprinkle with the blackberries and finish with the goat cheese.
- Drizzle generously with the blackberry vinaigrette just before serving.