Say hello to my little friend: the perfect grilled chicken of your life ! Today we are doing it Latin style, because duhh Cinco de Mayo!
This right here is what we’ve been fighting over this weekend! Easy breezy perfect grilled chicken tenderloin, enrobed in Latin flavors and drizzled with that mango chimichurri I pour over everything. Everything I can get away with. Soba noodles and steak, and now this perfect grilled chicken from the Gods! It is Divine you guys !
The great news here is that you most likely already have everything you need for this chicken. Right there on your lovely spice rack. It’s just a matter of mixing it all together and lighting up the grill. It’s a lot like that “ best grilled chicken recipe “ I posted last year, only really different at the same time, with a delicious Latin twist. I hope that makes sense 😉
For the sake of simplicity, this particular recipe calls for Mexican seasonings, which is really a combination of ground cumin, dry cilantro, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and coriander. So if you don’t have any Mexican seasoning in your pantry, you can order an organic mix Here. Or be a little alchemist and mix around some of those classic spices to your taste. Take it easy with the cumin as it could be very strong. Start with a little and you can always add more.
You can make the mango chimichurri a day in advance, refrigerate it until ready to use. I prefer to do it this way, as there is a lovely contrast between the chilled fruity mango chimichurri and the fresh perfect grilled chicken with a little kick from the red pepper flakes.
There are 2 secrets to cooking the perfect grilled chicken, follow them always and you shall be a happy man/woman !
- Use chicken tenderloin, because hello “tender “ meat.
- Bring your chicken to room temperature and Grill it fast on a very hot grill! Now that a perfect grilled chicken makes !
- 8 - 10 chicken tenderloin organic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 1/2 tbsp mexican seasoning salt free
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes + more to taste
- 2 c this Mango Chimichurri
- 8 leaves cilantro sprigs only
- 2 limes quartered
- On a large platter lay out the chicken tenderloin and drizzle all over with the olive oil and lemon juice. Give it a good mix. Sprinkle it all over with the spices: Mexican seasoning, paprika, onion powder, red pepper flakes and sea salt. Allow it to sit at room temperature for 25 minutes while your grill is heating up.
- Once your grill is hot and ready, add the chicken tenderloin. Cook for about 2 minutes per side, you will notice the edges turning white when it’s time to flip.
- Transfer the grilled chicken to a plate and give it a good squeeze of lime. Serve it with the mango chimichurri drizzled on top and garnished with the cilantro leaves and the lime wedges.
You’ll Also Love: