How to make perfect soft boiled eggs with runny yolks!
Before I even ask you to fill a sauce pan with water, make sure you get your hands on some real good eggs. When it comes to eggs there’s only one way to go: Organic and Free Range. If they come from your own chickens, wow, you got it going on! I’m totally jealous!
The perfect eggs to eat with a spoon out of the shell or peeled and served over avocado toast or a bowl of ramen. Even better, on top of this purple potato salad <–killer!
If you time it just right your eggs should be easy to peel and perfectly cooked.
- Make sure to use eggs at room temperature, otherwise they might crack when dropped in the hot water.
- Gently place each egg in the boiling water.
- Make sure the water is simmering gently before setting your timer to 5 minutes.
- As soon as the time is up, rinse under cold water or plunge them in an ice bath.
Perfect Soft Boiled Eggs
- 12 large eggs organic free range
- sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 6 sprigs mixed herbs -for garnish
- 5 sprigs fresh chives -snipped
- 8 edible flowers for garnish (optional)
- Add water to a sauce pan and bring to a boil.Using a spoon gently drop the eggs in one by one. Once the water is back to a boil turn down the flame and set your timer for exactly 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes drain the water and rinse the eggs under some very cold water or plunge them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Carefully peel the eggs then slice them in half lengthwise. Season to your taste with the sea salt, red pepper, black pepper and garnish with the herbs.