Quinoa and Lentil Salad with Lemon Chive Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + more as needed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 cups Village Harvest Antioxidant lentil, quinoa, black rice mix
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 3.5 cups water or vegetable stock ( salt free)
- 1/3 cup fresh herbs for garnish
- 1 lemon -quartered
Lemon Chive Dressing
- Add the chives, olive oil and lemon juice or red wine vinegar ( whatever you prefer) to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth and transfer to a small bowl. Season to your taste with sea salt and add more lemon or vinegar if desired.
Quinoa Lentil Salad
- Add the lentil, rice and quinoa mix to a medium pot together with the bay leaf and a pinch of sea salt. Cover with the water and bring to a simmer.
- Cover with a lid, turn the flame to medium low and cook for 25 to 30 minutes until all water it absorbed. Turn off the heat and allow it to sit covered tightly for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the lentil mix to a mixing bowl ( discard bay leaf) and fluff with a fork. Pour the chive dressing on top and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste with more lemon and sea salt.
- Serve with marinated roasted peppers and fresh herbs on top and plenty of lemon wedges.