Everything You Need to Know about Red Pepper Flakes or Red Chili Flakes
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
Everything You Need to Know about Red Pepper Flakes or Dried Red Chili Flakes !
| purchase organic pepper flakes here <–great deal or here |
Let’s start at the beginning: so what are red pepper flakes or chili flakes ?
Red Pepper flakes or dried chili flakes are the dry seeds from the hot chili peppers, or from a mix of different peppers, such as: cayenne, bell peppers and jalapeno. They get their pungent bite from the presence of capsaicin, the component that stimulates circulation and the digestive process inducing perspiration. Those cute looking red little flakes you find on every single pizzeria’s table, are packed full of goodness for our health and our taste buds.
On top of the fact that they are loaded with flavor and heated attitude, here are some interesting health benefits and good reasons to eat and cook with red pepper flakes or dried red chili:
1. The capsaicin compound in dried red pepper flakes can help prevent prostate cancer according to a medical study from the “cancer Research Journal “
2. They help boost the metabolism and burn more calories through the day.
3. Dried red chili flakes are filled with antioxidants that help fight oxidative stress in the body and promote overall good health.
4. Chile flakes are a great appetite suppressant, so add them all your foods if you are on a diet or are trying to eat less food.
5. Eating dried Red Pepper flakes help give relief from digestive issues, pain and inflammation, so sprinkle them over everything ! One teaspoon only contains 6 calories, plus they are also rich in Vitamins A, C, B-6, E, magnesium, iron and potassium.
You’ll Also Love:
I incorporate red pepper flakes in tons of recipe.. they tend to add that perfect extra spice!