Neopolitan style homemade Italian pizza dough recipe!
A quick, authentic, thin and crispy crust that is also perfect for freezing!
what makes this the best Italian pizza dough recipe ever:
- Quick and Easy to make by hand, food processor or Kitchen Aid Mixer!
- Made with active dry yeast, (<–amazon), flour and COLD water (no proofing required)
- Thin and crispy crust, yet still a little chewy.
- Make ahead and refrigerate for tomorrow, freeze for later or use right away.
what is the best flour for pizza dough ?
what is a Neopolitan pizza crust ?
An authentic Italian thin and crisp crust with charred edges and only a few toppings.
I go with simple toppings at Casa Florentina:
- a simple but thick homemade puttanesca, arrabiata or marinara sauce
- ricotta meatballs
- roasted cherry tomatoes
- fresh mozzarella cheese
- spinach & artichoke
- caramelized onions,
- heirloom tomatoes & fresh basil.
The Secret to Italian Pizza Dough Perfection ?
watch how to make the best Italian pizza dough:
Rustic Italian Pizza Dough Recipe
- 5 cups all purpose or 00 flour + some for dusting
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/4 cups COLD water
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Your favorite toppings:
- Caramelized onions
- Arrabiata Sauce
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Green Onions
- Smoked Mozzarella Cheese
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Ricotta Meatballs
- Preheat your oven as high as it will go for at least 45 minutes to one hour.