Nutrition packed sauteed chicken livers in a leek white wine sauce, the absolute best chicken livers recipe!
Sauteed chicken livers it’s what’s for dinner kids!
Absolutely channeling grandpa today, because the day we had sauteed chicken livers was a really special day. It was a true delicacy back in the day, and in the peasant’s life this was the equal of your finest grass-fed fillet mignon today.
Not even kidding about that, sauteed chicken livers in white wine leaves a gravy behind you’ll never just rinse off. I promise you’ll be cleaning that skillet with a piece of crusty bread in no time.
Speaking of organic chicken livers, they are also an incredibly nutritious food. Now if you are ready to incorporate them in your diet, I promise you this is the ultimate way to do it.
Sauteed chicken livers in white wine with leeks. A saucy dish so loaded with flavors you will lick your fingers clean.
A couple of pieces of bruschetta is all you really need here, but traditionally we serve sautéed chicken livers over wide noodles, like pappardelle or tagliatelle. The gravy it produces from steaming together with the leeks in white wine is one of the finest rustic ragu you will ever have.
Did you know that chicken livers are the base in the flavorful pappardelle with Ragu Alla Bolognese recipe? That is the secret my friends! Only in today’s recipe, the sautéed chicken livers don’t need to slowly simmer for hours on end, they are ready in about 25 minutes, start to finish.
It’s been a long time since I’ve had sauteed chicken livers. You know, especially trying to be a vegetarian and all. But I’ll admit it, I snuck a couple of bites in there the other day and boy was it worth it!
Sauteed chicken livers in white wine is the chef’s special tonight!
Paleo and gluten-free If you don’t serve it over pasta of course, or if you go for some brown rice noodles instead!
- 1 lb chicken livers organic
- 1 small leek sliced & rinsed well
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or to taste
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c dry white wine
- 1/2 c chicken stock
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 1/4 c Italian flat leaf parsley chopped
- In a large saute pan heat up the olive oil over medium flame. Add the leeks with a pinch of sea salt and sautee until they start to get some color. About 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken livers to the pan with the leeks and sprinkle with the paprika, red pepper flakes and a pinch of sea salt. Toss to coat well.
- Pour in the white wine and allow it to reduce by half, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock, toss to coat, turn the flame to low and cover with a lid. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until the chicken livers are cooked through and the sauce has reached your desired consistency.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste with the sea salt and serve over noodles sprinkled with the parsley and extra red pepper flakes.