A tropical mango ceviche or “ ceviche tropical de mango e pescado ” made with wild caught baby scallops, lots of fresh lime, lemon, tart orange and grapefruit juice.
Fruity and bright, nothing screams summer by the beach like a bowl of this on your lap.
Perfect as a snack or appetizer with tortilla chips, it pretty much makes itself. You can also make it with wild halibut, flounder, cod or shrimp.
Scallop Mango Ceviche Recipe
- 2 lb baby wild scallops
- 2 large mangoes ( diced)
- 4 limes (juiced)
- 5 acidic lemons like Eureka or Lisbons- juiced
- 3 oranges -juiced
- 1/2 grapefruit – juiced
- 8 scallions – thinly sliced
- 3 red chilly peppers – thinly sliced
- 1 green chilly pepper – thinly sliced
- The zest from 1 lemon, 1 lime and 1 orange
- 1 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 1/2 c Cilantro leaves – roughly torn
- red pepper flakes to taste
- In a large glass dish spread the scallops, mangoes,scallions, zest and chilly peppers. Season with a good pinch of sea salt sprinkled from above, then crack some black pepper on top. Make sure to get good coverage all over the top.
- Pour the squeezed citrus juices over the top making sure it covers everything. Give everything a gentle stir. Sprinkle with red chilly flakes and the cilantro leaves. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Adjust seasonings and serve with chips.
You’ll Also Love: