This grilled chicken thighs recipe is what you need to make it through the hot summer months. Quick, easy and healthy, you don’t even need to fire up the grill, they can be perfectly executed on the stove top in your old cast iron grill pan.
I‘m calling it a spicy grilled chicken thighs recipe, but the honey lime and soy sauce marinade is so delicious that you can leave out the chile pepper entirely and not miss a thing.
On the other hand If you love your chicken extra spicy hot, just double on the chile flakes or red pepper.
I suggest pounding the chicken thighs before marinading, this way they will cook extra fast and keep all the moisture and flavor. Melt in your mouth grilled chicken thighs recipe like you’ve never had before. I must admit, this one’s a real tie with the best grilled chicken recipe I make every week.
Gluten free, organic soy sauce in the marinade, ensures that no yuckies will be found in your delicious chicken dinner.
The recipe calls for 2 pounds of chicken thighs, but I know you’d regret not doubling it once you taste it. Marinated chicken keeps great for a few days in the fridge, so why not make your life easier in the kitchen and have some extra chicken ready to go.
I always say this, but I’ll remind you again: Make sure to bring the marinated chicken to room temperature before cooking. Just 20 minutes on the kitchen counter is all it needs to cook fast and evenly throughout.
This spicy grilled chicken thighs recipe makes some of the best tacos you’ve ever had, I ain’t lying!
This summer’s special at the shack, oh yes you know it: the ultimate Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs Recipe !
- 2 lb chicken thighs boneless skinless
- 1/2 c soy sauce organic gluten free
- 2 1/2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 -2 tsp red pepper flakes to taste
- Juice from 1 large lime
- 2 red chile peppers sliced
- 5 Cilantro sprigs for garnish
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the soy sauce, honey, lime juice, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, half of the red chile peppers and olive oil. Combine well.
- Set the chicken thighs over cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Lightly pound them until thinned out and flat, making sure not to tear the meat. Add them to the bowl with the marinade and cover. Allow them to sit at room temperature for 25 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat a cast iron grill pan or skillet over medium flame. Using tongues, remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on the hot skillet. Turn the flame down to medium low and grill the chicken thighs for a about 3 minutes on each side until nice grill marks form and the chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter, hit it with a good squeeze of lime and serve garnished with the cilantro leaves, lime wedges and remaining red chile slices.