Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
Quick and easy grilled chicken thighs, perfect served on a bed of rice with vegetables and fresh fruit like peaches, mango and pineapple. Or throw them in some cute street tacos, fajita bowls or lettuce wraps with your favorite salsa.
Marinated in a flavorful, gluten free honey lime, garlic, ginger and soy sauce marinade and loaded with as many red chili flakes as you can handle of course 😉
The recipe calls for 2 pounds of chicken but I know you’d regret not doubling it once you taste these. Marinated chicken keeps great for a few days in the fridge, so why not make your life easier in the kitchen and have some extra chicken ready to go on a Tuesday.
Grilled Chicken Thighs Recipe
Quick, easy and healthy, spicy grilled chicken thighs in a lime, honey and soy sauce marinade..Print Recipe
- 2 lb chicken thighs boneless skinless
- 1/2 cup soy sauce organic gluten free
- 2 1/2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes to taste
- Juice from 1 large lime
- 2 red chile peppers sliced
- 5 Cilantro sprigs for garnish
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- 2 tsp fresh ginger -grated
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the soy sauce, honey, lime juice, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, ginger, half of the red chile peppers and olive oil. Combine well.
- Set the chicken thighs on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Lightly pound them until thinned out and flat, making sure not to tear the meat. Add them to the bowl with the marinade and cover. Allow them to sit at room temperature for 25 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat a cast iron grill pan or skillet over medium flame. Using tongues, remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on the hot skillet. Turn the flame down to medium low and grill the chicken thighs for a about 3 minutes on each side until nice grill marks form and the chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter, hit it with a good squeeze of lime and serve garnished with the cilantro leaves, lime wedges and remaining red chile slices.
You can marinade the chicken a day in advance and keep cool in the refrigerator. Make sure to bring it to room temperature before grilling, to ensure even cooking.
Calories: 607kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 222mg | Sodium: 1799mg | Potassium: 655mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 575IU | Vitamin C: 42.7mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2.7mg
Umm…..hello juicy, flavour packed chicken…..you have my name written ALL over you!!! I love the photo, you really capture the deliciousness of this chicken and the intenseness of the marinade!!
aww thank you Nagi! That means a lot coming from you, the queen of perfect food photos and scrumptious chicken dinners ! xo’s