Sun Dried Tomato Goat Cheese Muffins Recipe
How about a cheese muffins recipe this week ? Yesterday I spent my entire morning running errands in the rain. It was so amazing, almost like running around in the snow, and that’s because we haven’t really seen real rain in about 4 years. So I want to say Thank You God and the Universe for the much-needed rain, Amen ! We definitely have a whole new appreciation level for rain drops here in California, and for that fresh rainy air smell. Seems to be true, you don’t know what you have until its gone.
Now you know it takes a lot of energy running around taking care of business, and I started to crave something freshly baked, comforting, but not sugary, something cheesy. Cheese muffins recipe s are becoming a thing you know.. I wanted something that would make a good breakfast to go, on mornings when I don’t have 3 extra minutes to crack some eggs in a pan, and another 3 minutes to eat. It happens, you know this, it probably happened to you today ! Did it ?!
Long story short, I got home and whipped up this savory cheese muffins recipe with that creamy goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes I picked up at the market. It was exactly what I need on a wet rainy day, and most definitely what I needed for breakfast this morning.
I hope you give them a try, and keep some on your kitchen counter for mornings when you need to grab something nutritious on your way out the door. I won’t lie tough, my blueberry and ricotta muffins recipe is still my favorite muffin recipe on the planet. This goat cheese muffins recipe is savory and definitely a keeper.
- 3 oz sun dried tomato
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 10 leaves basil thinly sliced
- 1/2 c diced white aged cheddar cheese
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil organic
- 2 eggs organic
- 3/4 c low fat milk organic
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 c all purpose flour organic
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c pine nuts toasted
- Preheat your oven to 400”F.
- Roughly chop the sun dried tomatoes and transfer them to a bowl. Cover them with the olive oil, sea salt, basil and oregano. Add the goat cheese and cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Allow them to marinade for about 20 minutes or so at room temperature.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and milk together. Using a spatula stir in the sun dried tomato mixture.
- Whisk the flour and baking powder together until combined then fold it into the sundries tomato mixture together with the pine nuts.
- Arrange 12 silicone muffin cups on a cookie sheet and fill them with the muffin mixture.
- Bake a in the preheated 400”F oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.