Your game day menu just got a makeover with these ultimate sweet potato sliders with homemade guacamole and burrata. Gluten free and crazy good !
This was really man cave food for game day you guys ! Leave it to me to bring the gluten free, no bun sweet potato sliders in the dude space. And it worked !
Do we need to revisit my obsession with both sweet potato rounds and burrata cheese ? Maybe not today. Let the photos speak for themselves.
Some of the most popular recipes here on Ciao Florentina are the different variations of roasted sweet potato rounds. Which brought me to this lightbulb moment: make sweet potato sliders for game day !
So I just used my base recipe for roasted sweet potato rounds, then went with the same smoked paprika flavor profile to season the grass fed beef patties and tie them all in together. Chunky homemade guacamole was the only way to go here and my weakness got the best of me again: burrata on top ! Had to do it ! This sweet potato sliders are to die for you guys ! I swear on my Prada !
Kind of important :
- Make sure to mix the spices with the olive oil before coating the beef patties in the mix. This will help distribute the seasonings well and also prevent the spiced from burning during cooking.
- If you aren’t feeling the guacamole on your sweet potato sliders, you could go for the chimichurri version using This recipe.
- I only used 1 pound of beef to make 5 sweet potato sliders, they are very filling. However I still suggest making an entire batch of roasted sweet potatoes, because some people will insist in topping their slider, and some will just want to snack on the extras.
- Sweet potatoes come in funky shapes. Eyeball the slices you have and try to make the beef patties a similar size.
- For a vegetarian version you might want to try these black bean patties, but keep in mind those take some prep work.
Sweet Potato Sliders Recipe
- 2 Sweet potatoes roasted
- 1 lb ground beef organic grass-fed
- 1 c homemade guacamole
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 lb burrata cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes + more to taste
- 1/4 tsp cumin + more to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 l cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Prepare the sweet potato rounds according to recipe directions here.
- While the sweet potato rounds are roasting, work on the burger patties.
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, sea salt, smoked paprika, cumin, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Form 5 beef patties about 1 inch thick. Allow them to rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a cast iron pan on medium high flame.
- Take each beef pattie and press gently in the center. Coat it on both sides in the olive oil spice mixture.
- Cool on the cast iron plate for about 2 minutes on each side for a medium rare burger. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Once the sweet potato rounds are ready start assembling your sliders.
- Top each sweet potato round with a scoop of the guacamole, a beef pattie, tomato slice and finish with the burrata cheese.
- Garish with the cilantro and serve!