A simple tomato tart recipe made with flaky puff pastry sheets covered in whipped goat cheese, then layered with the finest heirloom tomatoes and fresh herbs.
A sheet of store bought puff pastry, a creamy goat cheese that I whipped in my food processor with a little olive oil, plus freshly picked heirloom tomatoes and herbs.
Seriously, the easiest tomato tart recipe you will ever make!
I beg to argue it s also the best, but hey I might be a little partial so don’t take my word for it, make it yourself.
You could even make individual, mini tiny tarts as appetizers if you prefer, or just cut it into bite size pieces for fabulous entertaining!
Different Topping Ideas:
- Swiss Cheese + Rosemary
- Fontina + Roasted Pepper Olive Tapenade
- Fresh Mozzarella + Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Whipped Ricotta + Basil
- Cucumber + Feta Cheese
- Caramelized Onion + Whipped Goat Cheese
Tomato Tart Recipe with Goat Cheese & Puff Pastry
- 14 oz puff pastry
- 1 pound heirloom tomatoes
- 10 oz goat cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + more for garnish
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt + more to taste
- 1/3 cup chives snipped
- 1/3 c basil leaves + blossoms
- Thaw out the puff pastry according to the directions on the package.
- Preheat your own to 400”F
- To the bowl of a mini food processor add the goat cheese together with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of sea sat. Process until fluffy.
- Transfer the whipped goat cheese to a bowl and fold in the chives, reserving some for garnish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Sprinkle some flour on the kitchen counter and roll out the puff pastry. Use a rolling pin if needed to stretch it out thinner.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the top surface of the puff pastry. Transfer it to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cook the pastry in the preheated oven until puffed up and golden brown on top, about 30 minutes or so. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Assemble your tomato tart.
- Spread the chive and whipped goat cheese mixture on top of the cooled puff pastry.
- Slice the heirloom tomatoes into thin slices and place them on top pf the goat cheese.
- Sprinkle with the reserved chives and fresh basil.
- Finish with a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a nice pinch of coarse sea salt over the tomatoes.
- Slice your tomato tart into squares and enjoy!
You’ll Also Love: