Would you like some of these lovely tuna appetizers ? Crackers or crostini ? You choose!
I hope you are all enjoying what’s left of summer and have a super awesome Labor Day Weekend! I also hope you enjoyed this summer’s recipes and that you find inspiration in what we do around here.
For this weekend I wanted to leave you with a simple but delicious idea for a chilled tuna appetizer to have on hand for all your guests.
A tuna appetizer you can prepare the night before and assemble just before your guests arrive.
You can serve them on crackers or grill some cute Italian crostini or bruschetta as a base.
I also made a list with my Top Labor Day Recipes that I hope to inspire and give you ideas for your get together. If you have any favorite Labor Day recipes please leave us the link in the comment section so we can all check them out.
A delicious tuna appetizer you can prepare the night before and assemble just before your guests arrive. You can serve them on your favorite crackers or grill some quick Italian crostini.
- 1 can tuna - packed in water & drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper -diced
- 1/2 green or yellow bell pepper -diced
- 1/2 red onion -diced
- 1/3 cup fresh dill -roughly chopped
- 1 pinch sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp mayo -just enough to hold it together
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch black pepper -to taste
- 4 tbsp capers
- multi-grain crackers or bruschetta - for serving
Mix all of the above ingredients except the crackers and chill overnight.
Taste again and adjust seasonings with more sea salt.
Spoon a small amount of the tuna mixture on top of each cracker or crostini just before serving. Garnish with fresh dill and freshly cracked black pepper.
If serving these appetizers on crostini I suggest adding a smear of olive tapenade as a base and grate some hard boiled egg yolk on top.
Labor Day Recipe List
- You should try this rustic Potato Salad as a side dish for anything, or this insanely cool Purple Potato Salad.
- Make sure you have this Roasted Eggplant Dip ready and chilled before your guests arrive.
- This is the only burger recipe you need you guys: the Ultimate Burger!
- Remember a fresh bag of chips to serve with this out of this world Strawberry Salsa.
- Strawberries are all around you, it would be a shame not to have this popular Strawberry Salad on your table.
- For a refreshing and light dessert on a hot summer day I can not think of anything better than this Lemon Olive Oil Cake.
- This Italian Potato Salad is guaranteed to never fail and satisfy both the vegetarians and carnivore’s hunger.
- Lastly, keep everyone refreshed with this summery Blueberry Puree Limeade or Strawberry Basil Lemonade.