Easy Cranberry Ricotta Bread Recipe
The best cranberry bread recipe loaded with fresh cranberries, ricotta cheese, vanilla and extra virgin olive oil, then finished with a crispy streusel topping.
Servings 10 people
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil organic
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar organic
- 2 large eggs organic, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour organic
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup cranberries (fresh organic)
For the Streusel Topping
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar organic
- 3 tbsp cold or frozen butter
Preheat your oven to 350 “F
In a mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, olive oil, vanilla, sugar, sea salt and ricotta cheese. Set aside.
In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add it to the bowl with the wet mixture. Add the cranberries and using a spatula gently fold everything together.
Layer a loaf pan with baking wax paper and pour in the dough. Quickly make the streusel topping by combining the sugar and flour together in a small bowl. Using a cheese grater, grate the cold butter on top and mix in using your fingertips, just until mixture looks like wet sand. Move quickly so the butter doesn’t melt. Sprinkle over the cranberry bread dough.
Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
Grand Marnier Glaze:Whisk together 1 c powder sugar + 1/4 c grand marnier.Orange Glaze:Whisk 1 c powder sugar + 3 tbsp orange juice + 1 tbsp lemon juice. Combine with the zest from 1 orange and drizzle over the cranberry bread after it has cooled off completely.
- Can you use dried cranberries instead of fresh? - Not recommended in this recipe, that would yield a totally different result.
- How do you keep cranberries from floating on bread? - Add your cranberries to the bowl with the dry ingredients and give them a quick toss before folding into the wet ingredients.
- Storage - Allow the loaf to cool off completely before wrapping it loosely in aluminum foil and storing on the kitchen counter or the pantry. Individual slices can be frozen for later wrapped in plastic wrap!
- Replace the streusel topping with a luscious white chocolate glaze instead.
- Add white chocolate chips, candied orange peel or nuts to the batter.
- Bake into muffins instead of loaf.
- Go over the top and drizzle with a grand marnier or orange glaze on top of the streusel. Recipe for both included in the recipe card.
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 184mg | Potassium: 83mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 220IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1.3mg