Ricotta Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Best ricotta banana nut bread recipe upgraded with moist creamy ricotta cheese, smooth olive oil and candied walnuts.
Servings 8 slices
- 1/2 cup organic extra virgin olive oil (or substitute with melted butter or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or the seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3/4 cup candied walnuts -roughly chopped + a few for garnish
- 2 bananas - diced
Preheat your oven to 350"F
In a medium bowl whisk together the olive oil or melted butter and sugars together until creamy.
Add the vanilla extract, ricotta cheese and heavy cream and whisk until everything is incorporated. Whisk in the eggs until you have a smooth mixture. Add the bananas and walnuts and gently toss to coat.
In another large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Make a well in the middle and pour the wet mixture inside.
Using a spatula gently fold all the ingredients together.
Grease a loaf pan with a dab of butter or oil and pour in the mixture.
Sprinkle a few walnuts on top for garnish.
Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wooden cutting boar and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Tip - Make an extra loaf, wrap in plastic and freeze. Thaw for 1 hour on the kitchen counter before ready to use or pop in the toaster oven.
Calories: 422kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 217mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 174IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2mg