Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
An easy strawberry spinach salad with a zesty poppy seed dressing and crunchy toasted pecans or candied walnuts.
Servings 4 people
- 1/2 lb baby spinach
- 1 c strawberries -sliced or quartered
- 1 c walnuts -toasted or candied
- 2 oz honey goat cheese (optional)
For The Strawberry Dressing
- 8-10 small strawberries
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small lemon -juiced
- zest from 1 organic lemon
- 3 tbs wild raw honey
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika optional
- 1/4 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
To make the salad dressing: puree the strawberries with the the olive oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract in the food processor. Transfer to the salad bowl and whisk in the honey, lemon zest and poppy seeds. Season with the sea salt, pepper and paprika.
Add the spinach and sliced strawberries on top of the dressing and give it a gentle toss to coat just before serving.
Serve sprinkled with the walnuts and goat cheese on top.