Sour Cream Biscuits
Crispy on the bottom and fluffy as a cloud on the inside, these sour cream biscuits are absolute perfection.
- 2 cups all purpose flour + more for dusting
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream (you can use dairy-free)
- 1.5 cups heavy cream (or cashew cream)
- 3 tbs salted cold butter grated
- 4 tbs fresh chives snipped
Heat up your oven to 425F degrees.
In a large bowl whisk in the dry ingredients then grate in the butter, then mix in quickly with your fingers.
Whisk the sour cream, heavy cream & chives together then fold them into the dry ingredients to form a soft dough, making sure everything is incorporated without over mixing.
Knead the dough just enough to make it hold together ( about 30 seconds ) then roll it out into 3/4 inch sheet and cut out 12 rounds with your biscuit cutter. Try your best not to twist the biscuit cutter, instead press on straight. Otherwise by twisting it, you risk sealing the sides of the biscuits and they won't fluff up as nicely.
Line a stainless steel cookie sheet with parchment paper and arrange the cold biscuits on it. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 min until golden brown on top. Cool on a cooling rack and serve with butter.
- When cutting the dough with the biscuit cutter Do Not Twist the cutter, because it seals the edges and your biscuits won’t grow and puff up as they should.
- Experiments with caraway or fennel seeds instead of chives, they make a lovely addition.
- Make it dairy-free! The recipe works great with plant-based sour cream, butter and cashew cream instead of heavy cream. Needless to mention that it is so much better for you too.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 230mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 511IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1mg