Pea Goat Cheese Risotto
- 6 cups vegetable stock - seasoned to taste
- 1.5 cups risotto rice (arborio or carnaroli)
- 1/3 cup honey goat cheese
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup onion -minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp onion chives -snipped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Warm up the vegetable stock and season to your taste. Add the peas and allow them to warm through.
- Heat up a large skillet on medium low flame and add the butter. Once melted add the onion and pinch of sea salt and saute until translucent.
- Stir in the rice and toss to coat in the butter. Add the wine and stir again until almost fully absorbed by the rice.
- Start adding a ladle at a time of the warm stock but leave the peas behind until the very end. You want to maintain on constant simmer.
- Keep adding stock and simmer until the rice is al dente.
- Add the green peas, parmesan and goat cheese and stir to combine well. Squeeze in the juice from half of the lemon and add a little more stock If needed to loosen up the risotto.
- Sprinkle with the chives and fresh basil leaves. Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, extra lemon wedges on the side and garnished with more green peas.