This post brought to you by The a2 Milk Company™. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Ciao Florentina. Enjoy this unbelievably easy, tender chicken in milk recipe with fragrant sage and garlic.
I don’t always cook chicken, but when I do it’s probably braised and so good it will make a vegetarian break its ways.
We still have good weather for braising stuff, make the house smell amazing and warm up with a bowl of stew, like this to die for chicken in milk recipe.
This week I’m working with a2 Milk® to bring you some new and delicious recipes. This sage and garlic chicken in milk recipe is the first of a 4 series campaign I’m working on, and so far we are over the moon.
As simple as it gets, pan roasted garlic, boneless skinless chicken thighs and fresh sage, all simmered gently in a2 Milk® until fork tender. Words can not describe !
This was my first recipe test with the a2 Milk® and an absolute instant hit with the family. I kid you not, I was so surprised how unbelievably easy and delicious this meal turned out to be, and also good for you.
Best part: both the BatMan and I had real milk again and felt great. To rewind a little bit, we stopped drinking milk a while ago because of he digestive discomfort we would experience, that just wasn’t worth it.
But just this week I came to learn that originally all milk contained only the A2 protein. But then a genetic mutation occurred in cows and a new protein developed called A1. That is what causes the digestive comfort we experience, and this A1 protein can be found even in organic milk. Imagine that !
About a2 Milk® :
- a2 Milk® is milk the way nature intended. Those who have ‘self diagnosed’ with lactose intolerance issues may enjoy our milk without any symptoms.
- available in half gallon cartons with an SRP of $4.49 Varieties include: whole milk, reduced fat 2%, low fat 1% and fat-free. Available throughout California in Whole Foods, Ralph’s, Sprouts, Gelson’s and more.
- the only fluid milk on the US market that is guaranteed A1 protein free.
- get a2 Milk® $1 Off Coupon here !
This is all really great news for us milk lovers, especially me. I’ve been saying for so long how I miss the milk from our grandpa’s cow. The cow that left in the morning for the pasture to graze, and returned back home at sundown. I had no lactose intolerance back then for sure.
This chicken in milk recipe is absolutely everything kids. Melt in your mouth tender chicken and a smooth creamy sauce too good for words. The a2 Milk® reduces into a sauce the consistency of cream, sauce that begs to be wiped clean with a piece of crusty bread.
I can’t wait to make some creamy espresso popsicles next week, make sure not to miss it.
Chicken In Milk Recipe - Enjoy Milk Again the Way Nature Intended
- 3 lb chicken thighs boneless skinless
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 c a2 Milk®
- 20 leaves sage
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 c Italian parsley minced
- Allow the chicken to rest at room temperature for at least 20 minutes before cooking. Pat them dry with paper towels and season them well with the sea salt, black pepper and paprika.
- In a large heavy pan heat up 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the garlic cloves and cook until golden on both sides, making sure not to burn it. Transfer to a bowl and reserve.
- Pan sear the chicken on each side for a couple of minutes until a little golden. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm while working in batches, not to overcrowd the pan.
- Add the milk to the pan you cooked the chicken in, and using a spatula make sure to scrape all the brown bits from the bottom. Bring the milk to a gentle simmer.
- Add the sage leaves, garlic and chicken back to the pan with the milk sauce. Bring to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the pan and continue simmering on low heat for another 15 minutes until the chicken is tender and the sauce has reduced to your linking.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste with more sea salt and serve. Garnish with the parsley, a sprinkling of red pepper flakes and nice drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.