the perfect chickpea dip recipe, It’s pink, seriously delish and a show stopper !
Are you ready for the Super Bowl or are you like me getting all set up for the Puppy Bowl ? If you ask me, that is where it’s going down, and I have Peluci, Nala and Tesla to back me up on that.
Whatever you are doing on Sunday: Super Bowl, Puppy Bowl, taking a long nap, I’ve got the perfect chickpea dip for you. And it’s fuschia pink in a green bowl, looking more Mardi Gras style than anything else. Especially if you look at the whole picture, with the sweet potato and beet chips. I swear, I did not even plan this, I just love green and pink, remember …?
So I decided to call it simply a chickpea dip instead of hummus. Because there is no tahini in this recipe, you know like in real hummus, and honestly I did not want to have to watch out for emails from the hummus police on how inauthentic this recipe was and all that jazz. So chickpea dip it is you guys !
It really does look like a total Chick Chickpea Dip, and try saying that 5 times in a row really fast teeheehee
But, believe it or not, I caught the BatMan in action all over this Pink Chick Chickpea dip, so looks aside, this insanity will make an appearance in the Man Cave during Super Bowl on Sunday ! Get some tough guys !
What makes this chick Chickpea Dip Awesome :
- It’s Pink ! That gorgeous color comes from 2 roasted red beets pureed together in my food processor with lost of chick peas, olive oil and lemon juice. And by the way, the food processor, that mini magical machine is the bomb. I can not, would not live without it.
- It’s so tasty you might actually wanna fight someone for the last bite. So just make extra and be nice.
- It’s loaded with protein, not only from the chickpeas but also from the chia seeds mixed up in there.
- It’s vegan ! And that is just a bonus on top of being cool looking and seriously delish ! What more could you ask for ?
- It’s so easy I’m a little nervous calling it a recipe. Everything happens in the bowl of your food processor in 3 minutes.
Note worthy: I would definitely suggest that you roast your beets in advance, and roast a bunch of them not just two. You can make way more chick chickpea dip If you want , or you can ad them to your salads and sandwiches through the week.
P.S. If you want to also make some crispy wings, These are really crispy !
Chickpea dip recipe with roasted red beets & chia seeds
- 2 oz x 15 can chickpeas
- 2 red beets roasted
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 c water + more as needed
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- Sweet potato & beet chips for serving
- Roast the beets in advance. Preheat your oven to 400”F and wrap each individual beet in aluminum foil, leaving a little vent at the top for the steam to escape. Roast for 1 hour and allow to cool completely before peeling. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add them to the bowl of a food processor together with 2 roasted red beets, chia seeds, olive oil, lemon juice and water. Puree until smooth, adding more water if necessary.
- Transfer the chickpea dip to a bowl and stir in the garlic and lemon zest. Season to taste with the sea salt and more lemon juice.
- Transfer the chickpea dip to a serving bowl and garnish with the parsley, a sprinkling of chia seeds and a nice drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with red beet and sweet potato chips.