The best ever strawberry tiramisu dessert, made with creamy mascarpone cheese and imported Italian ladyfingers cookies that are dipped in a vanilla strawberry puree.
However, it is very important to carefully beat the mascarpone on very low speed or by hand to just get it creamy and smooth. If whipped too hard in a mixer, the mascarpone might become grainy with a cottage cheese like texture because of its high fat content. So keep that significant detail in mind If going that route 😉
Strawberry Tiramisu Recipe
- Using a hand held mixer beat together the heavy cream and 1 tbsp of Zing Baking Blend until whipped. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a separate bowl beat together the egg yolks, vanilla extract and 2 tbsp of Zing Baking Blend until creamy. Start adding the mascarpone cheese one dollop at the time and whisk until incorporated. Gently fold in the whipped cream and set aside.
- Add the whole strawberries to the bowl of a food processor together with 1 teaspoon of Zing Baking Blend and the lemon juice. Process until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness with more Zing™ if desired.
- Prepare one glass trifle bowl or 6 small wine glasses for the Tiramisu.
- If assembling your strawberry Tiramisu in the wine glasses, make sure to break the lady fingers in half before layering.
- Dip the lady fingers in the strawberry puree and layer them in the bottom of the glasses. Add a few of the sliced strawberries on the sides of the glasses or just sprinkle them on top of the lady fingers.
- Spoon a dollop of the Mascarpone whipped cream filing on top. Layer with strawberry puree dipped lady fingers again and finish with another dollop of the mascarpone filing.
- Garnish with the lemon balm leaves and extra strawberry slices.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
You’ll Also Love:
Disclosure: I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.