A pitcher of this thirst quenching Strawberry Basil Lemonade is all you need to make it through the scorching hot summer days!
Who’s in you guys ?
Add a good splash of vodka or rum, for the ultimate fruity grown up cocktail. No-one needs to know 😉
Did I say: extremely easy to make too?
Just squeeze a bunch of lemons, puree the juice with some fresh organic strawberries and fragrant basil in a small food processor or blender. Then sweeten to your taste with honey, maple or agave and serve over lots of ice.
Feet kicked up and everything!
If you insist you may strain the lemonade before serving, but the way I see it: why bother ? Rustic is beautiful imperfection!
You could also pour the mixture into popsicle molds with some basil blossoms, and have them for dessert. So refreshing!
P.S. If you have some extra strawberries also give these Strawberry Bellini a try!
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- 1 c lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 7 strawberries whole
- 15 leaves basil -or to taste
- 5 tbs honey or agave (+more to taste)
- 7 strawberries sliced
- 3 c Ice + more
- 5-6 c water flat or sparkling
- 5 basil blossoms for garnish optional
- In the bowl of a small food processor or blender, add the lemon juice, 7 whole strawberries and 5 basil leaves. Process until smooth.
- Transfer the strawberry puree to a pitcher and stir in the honey or agave. Add the filtered or sparkling water and stir to combine. Adjust taste with more honey if you like.
- Add the sliced strawberries and the remaining basil leaves and refrigerate until ready to serve over lots of ice. Garnish with some tiny basil leaves and the basil blossoms if available.
Strawberry Lemonade Recipe Video!