Strawberry Basil Lemonade Recipe + Video
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
A pitcher of this thirst quenching Strawberry Basil Lemonade is all you need to make it through the scorching hot summer days!
Who’s in you guys ?
Add a good splash of vodka or rum, for the ultimate fruity grown up cocktail. No-one needs to know 😉
Did I say extremely easy to make too?
Just squeeze a bunch of lemons, puree the juice with some fresh organic strawberries and fragrant basil in a small food processor or blender. Then sweeten to your taste with honey, maple, sugar or agave and serve over lots of ice.
Feet kicked up and everything!
If you insist you may strain the lemonade before serving, but the way I see it: why bother ? Rustic is beautiful imperfection!
You could also pour the mixture into popsicle molds with some basil blossoms, and have them for dessert. So refreshing!
P.S. If you have some extra strawberries also give these Strawberry Bellini a try!
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- 1 c lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 7 strawberries whole
- 15 leaves basil -or to taste
- 5 tbs honey or agave (+more to taste)
- 7 strawberries sliced
- 3 c Ice + more
- 5-6 c water flat or sparkling
- 5 basil blossoms for garnish optional
- In the bowl of a small food processor or blender, add the lemon juice, 7 whole strawberries and 5 basil leaves. Process until smooth.
- Transfer the strawberry puree to a pitcher and stir in the honey or agave. Add the filtered or sparkling water and stir to combine. Adjust taste with more honey if you like.
- Add the sliced strawberries and the remaining basil leaves and refrigerate until ready to serve over lots of ice. Garnish with some tiny basil leaves and the basil blossoms if available.
Strawberry Lemonade Recipe Video!
This lemonade was a hit with everyone! Kept it virgin for the kids and had chilled vodka for the adults. We killed it in the first hour and had to make a new batch. A real keeper!
Yum! I’ve never had strawberry basil lemonade before, but it looks and sounds delicious!
Oh you gotta try it ! If you love strawberries I know You’ll like this !:)
I am a total sucker for strawberry lemonade and I love the basil you added! It looks amazing!
The perfect cold drink for these hot summer days. Delish