Crispy and light baked Brussel sprout chips with just a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Easy to make and loved by all!
Who is as excited as me about fall and baking trays upon trays of these Brussel sprout chips ?
I have found a whole new love for Brussel sprouts you guys, and tough I’ve made these chips 3 times last week, I can honestly say I just couldn’t keep up with the demand. So you can forget about finding a way to store them, because those babies won’t even get a chance to cool off completely.
They were literally gone as soon as the tray came out of the oven, so prepare yourself to make a few batches of them.
What to serve the Brussel sprout chips with:
- shaved parmesan cheese
- sweet chili sauce
- with a squeeze of lemon or tart orange
- crispy bacon bits
- with this balsamic chicken & butternut squash
- instead of fries with the ultimate burger
The best way to make Brussel sprout chips is to bake them!
Why ? Because you will get extra light crispy chips with literally just a touch of olive oil and sea salt. So if you are looking for a healthy way to cook them, baking is your best friend.
It really doesn’t get any easier than baking Brussel sprout chips, but you will need to dedicate some time to peeling the outer leaves from the sprouts. I say about 20 minutes or so, but you can do this a day in advance and store them in a bowl in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap.
Very important to not over salt them! Wait till the Brussel sprout chips come out of the oven nice and crispy before sprinkling extra sea salt on top If desired. Go very light on the olive oil as well, we want a very thin layer to barely coat the tray and the leaves.
- Leaves from 1 lb of brussel sprouts
- a light drizzle of olive oil
- tiny pinch of sea salt
- tiny pinch of red pepper flakes optional
- edible flowers for garish
- shaved parmesan cheese optional
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400”F
- Gently peel the outer leaves of the brussel sprouts without tearing them. Reserve the center of the sprouts for other uses.
- Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil on top of a large cookie sheet. Sprinkle with a small pinch of sea salt and pepper flakes.
- Place the brussel leaves on top cookie sheet and using your hands gently toss them to coat in the olive oil very lightly.
- Spread them around preferably without touching each other or overlapping.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for about 5 to 8 minutes until they start turning golden brown. Check often making sure not to burn them. Shake the cookie sheet once or twice midway.
- Serve the Brussel sprout chips hot with shavings of parmesan cheese on top or a quick squeeze of lemon over the top.