A nutrition packed black bean spaghetti recipe with tons of antioxidant power from organic brussels sprouts and creamy avocado.
| Crushing on this Italian Rustic Olive Wood Bowl from Sur La Table to serve my black bean spaghetti recipe in|
It was love at first sight with this black bean spaghetti recipe. I mean to tell you that you can have spaghetti every night and stay healthy, but it has to be a variation of this black bean spaghetti recipe.
Oh but what if you are on a gluten-free diet ? Well this is your day because this is a gluten-free meal, the black bean noodles alone pack 25 g of protein and 48 % Fiber + 26 % Iron ! Honestly, I don’t think I ever go grocery shopping now without picking up a few packages of organic black bean noodles. Who knew healthy could taste this good ?
About my black bean spaghetti recipe over here:
It is actually a riff on a peasant dish my grandfather used to make, only he used egg noodles and cabbage. I’m using black bean noodles and organic brussels sprouts, and i’m giving the entire dish a Latin twist with creamy avocado and lime. Because hello, black bean noodle spaghetti ! It begs for some avocado and lime !
The avocados really make this dish perfect, it ads that comforting creaminess to the final texture of the sauce, just perfect !
You will notice that I invested about 10 minutes in actually separating the leaves of the brussels sprouts. Love the look of individual pretty tiny cabbage like leaves, but also the fact that they sauté super fast with the onions and perfume caraway seeds, and the final texture is fantastic without overcooking it. I’m in love.
I mean, who else do you know in love with little baby brussels sprouts ? I’ve made this dish twice last week, it is a gluten-free and vegan black bean spaghetti recipe that you can have on the table in no time. Seriously you guys, guilt free spaghetti for dinner every day.
So you gotta have some extra protein ? Add some of this grilled chicken on top if you must, this is definitely a keeper way to add lots of brussels sprouts to your diet. Isn’t it a cool looking dish too ? I bet the kids would eat it too just because it is cool looking.
So tell me: do you have a black bean spaghetti recipe you like to make at home ? What’s your spin on it ? Inspire all of us in the comments below, I am obsessed with black bean spaghetti recipes this week ~ Florentina Xo’ s
Black Bean Spaghetti Recipe with Brussels Sprouts & AvocadoPrint Recipe
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season well with salt and cook the back bean noodles according to the directions on the package. Reserve a little bit of the cooking water and drain the noodle. Set aside.
- Rinse the brussels sprouts and cut the core, just enough to be able to peel apart the leaves one by one.
- In a large sauté pan add a lug of olive oil and sauté the onion with a pinch of sea salt on medium flame until it starts to get a nice golden brown color.
- Add the caraway seeds and red chile pepper and give it a nice stir to coat in the oils. Add the brussels sprouts leaves to the pan and using a pair of tongues toss them around for a few minutes until they start to wilt. Season to taste with more sea salt.
- Add the cooked black bean noodle to the pan with the onions and brussels sprouts. Add the avocado slices and squeeze the lime juice on top. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and give it a gentle toss to combine. Add a little bit of the reserved pasta water if you need to stretch out the sauce a little bit.
- Sprinkle with the fresh dill and lots of freshly cracked black pepper. Serve with extra lime wedges on the side.