This is a very addictive little cucumber parsley salad recipe that Batman and I like a lot. Somewhat of a riff on the middle-easter Tabbouleh salad.
Comes in really handy at times when you would be inclined to reach for the chips and salsa as an afternoon snack, or on a game day Sunday. I serve it with a bowl of chia and quinoa chips and many times we have made a meal of it on a hot summer day, guilt free !
With the addition of black rice you get both texture and beautiful color contrast, but also a very filling snack. Feel free to substitute for brown rice if that’s what you have on hand. Personally I love the contrast between the green parsley and the black rice grains.
This parsley salad recipe is so easy, not time-consuming at all, it really is just a matter of chopping, mixing and adjusting seasonings. Fantastic on road trips if kept cool with an icepack on top.
Cucumber Parsley Salad Recipe
- 1 bunch parsley organic
- 1/2 English cucumber organic
- 2 scallions diced
- The juice from 1 large lemon
- The zest from a lemon
- 1/2 c black rice cooked
- 3 -4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Rinse and dry the parsley then finely chop the tops from where the leaves start. Reserve the remaining of the stalks for later use.
- Slice the cucumber into thin match sticks and dice into tiny dice, not much larger than a grain of rice.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the parsley, cucumber, scallion, olive oil and the juice and zest from the lemon. Season to taste with sea salt and serve with pita bread, chips or toast.
P.S. You might like this Cucumber Peanut Salad from 101Cookbooks